Wednesday, August 19, 2009

End of the Summer

Today is my last official day of summer vacation. Of course, I've been going in all week to get my classroom ready before tomorrow so that I can devote all my attention to my new assistant. So it is time to reflect on the past 2.5 months.

Did I get everything done that I wanted to? Not even close. The boudoir project is still unfinished, but all that's needed at this point is the fun decorating stuff. I should be able to make inroads on that now that the basement is in shape so that DD can be down here with me while I work on it.

My house isn't nearly as decluttered as I would have hoped. But the good news is I'm usually just 15-20 minutes from my home being Visitor ready.

I'm ready for the final coat of paint on DD's table & chair set. Once that is done she will finally have some furniture that is designed specifically for her.

I wasn't able to write as much as I would have liked. After our vacation, I lost my momentum for both blogs and lenses. Strange how working out of the home meant I was able to get more done!

I've had more hugs & kisses than I thought possible from DD. When she isn't tired, DD is a very sweet & affectionate young lady. Who loves puppies and her baby dolls.

So although not what I had planned or envisioned as a summer, it was still pretty fantastic!

Once school begins it will be back to the BabySteps. Will I ever make it past the 10th step? Stay tuned & find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment