Saturday, October 3, 2009

Miracle Soup


Chicken Noodle Soup



I'm still not feeling well, it is cold & rainy outside - the time is right for a batch of Miracle Soup.  Much like my Hot Cold Soother, Miracle Soup is called so because I always feel better once I have some.  Trouble is, when I need it most I usually don't have the energy to fix it!

Miracle Soup

Ingredients:
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 Tbsp minced ginger (optional)
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 4 cups chicken broth
  • 1 cup couscous
Method:

Saute onions, garlic & ginger in olive oil until onions are soft.  Add chicken broth (I usually have bouillion on hand and use it) and couscous.  Heat to desired temperature and enjoy!


This soup came about by reading up on natural remedies for colds.  The ingredients are supposed to help sooth cold symptoms.  The couscous I added so there was a bit of substance to the soup.  If you are interested in natural remedies, I highly recommend Prescription for Natural Cures.  Offers a variety of remedies for many common ailments!

No comments:

Post a Comment