Wednesday, September 30, 2009

First Fusings

With great pride and excitement, I showed DH the results of my first attempts at glass fusing.  He picked one up, turned it over and handed it back to me.  "Essentially, all you are doing is putting one piece of glass on another and melting it, right?"

I must have given him a look, because he immediately laughed and said "What?!"

"You made it sound so easy.  I had to cut the glass first you know!"

Fwd: photos
Although DH may not have been as impressed with my new skill, I am quite pleased with my work.  I only wished I had been able to see the finished product LAST week.  Now that I know what stuff looks like melted, I put more effort into cutting my glass.  Oh well, hopefully I'll have 2 weeks worth of work ready to pick up for next week's final class.  Guess what one of our projects will be?  Melting a wine bottle!  Gee, wonder where I will find one of those..............

Fwd: photos
A couple of pieces from this first batch are usable for gifts.  I anticipate several more from the other pieces yet to be fired. 

Fwd: photos

Fwd: photos

Fwd: photos

Fwd: photos

Fwd: photos
I think this last piece is my favorite from the group.  It feels really nice in my hands & it is made entirely out of scrap glass.  One piece that is pictured was sent back for a second firing.

No comments:

Post a Comment