Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cold Soother

I would never claim that this is a cold remedy, but I do feel better when I drink this as I feel a cold coming on.

C-Joy's Hot Cold Soother

  • 1 tsp minced ginger (look for it by the jars of minced garlic in your grocery store)
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice
  • Honey to taste

Put all the ingredients in a mug and fill with boiling water.  Stir until honey disolves and enjoy!

You can certainly leave the ginger out, but I find it helps keep my sinuses from clogging up.  I have also been known to throw in a dash of cinnamon and a shot of whisky for a "nyquil" replacement before bed!  The ginger is good for an upset tummy as well.  Obviously, lemon juice gives a bit of Vitamin C, and honey is good for reducing coughs and general immune system booster.  Whatever the reason, I feel better after one of these.  In fact, I'm making myself a cup right now!

Fresh Organic







No comments:

Post a Comment