Sunday, September 13, 2009

Holiday Grand Plan -Week Three



I started out well last week, but having a guest coming to stay put the Holiday Planning on a back burner.  What a heavenly feeling knowing that I'm not behind as I have started so early!

I found a template for Christmas labels so I'm slowly but surely adding addresses to the labels.  When the time comes to mail them, I'll just put in the appropriate label paper into the printer and voila - that laborious chore will be finished!  I have beautiful labels with our own address to use as well.  I still have holiday stamps from last year, but of course the postage rate has changed since then.  I'm hoping that there will be holiday stamps in SMALL denominations so I can use these up.

We have a plan for holiday gifts as well, and I know what the menus for the major holidays will be.  We will be hosting Thanksgiving in our miniscule abode, and my sister will be handling Christmas.  At this point we just don't know if it will be in their old home or new one.

Holiday Grand Plan Week Three

Looks like it is time to gather supplies for homemade gifts!  I really like the idea of packing the materials together along with the directions.  Since our basement is now neatly organized, I feel like I can begin tackling this one.





Christmas Cookies in the Shape of Snowmen

I know what I want to bake ahead of time, but before I start any baking I need to clean out the freezer.  Time for the mystery meats, ice cubes in ziploc bags & pureed food made for DD to go!  Until then, there is no point in preparing food in advance as there is NO ROOM for anything else in the freezer.  It really needs to be defrosted as well.  Hmmm.........another project for DH while he's off this week?  I'll also be checking out the Freezer Cooking Guide.  Busy weeknights happen during the unHoliday Season as well.  I can only use my crockpot so often before becoming bored with the food too, so I'm looking forward to this line of enquiry.


Happy Holiday Planning everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment