Sunday, September 27, 2009

Holiday Grand Plan Week Five

I did it!  I accomplished all the holiday things I set out to do this week.  Instead of just five more addresses acquired to my list, I finished it.  Of course, if any fellow FlyBabies wanted to DM their address to me I would be able to add it to my list as well (hint hint).

It is a bit easier to think about Holidays now as the weather is getting cooler.  And after counting on my calender yesterday, I realized that it is only 8 weeks until my Thanksgiving break begins!  We will be hosting our family Thanksgiving dinner, and as long as I stay on the course I'm on right now it should be a breeze.

Greetings, Children with Turkey and Pumpkin



One holiday is rapidly approaching and I feel under-prepared for, and that is Halloween.  Now that I have my own home and DD is getting older I feel compelled to decorate outside for it.  I saw a great project in a magazine for making a giant spider.  But when I priced the styrofoam ball for the spider's body, I decided to rethink ($20 for 1 ball?  I don't think so!)  I think it may be time for a paper mache spider body, and I know just the crew of 4 & 5 year olds who would be delighted to help.  We can keep the giant spider in the classroom & then I'll bring him home.  Maybe I'll splurge on small foam balls so the kids can have smaller ones to keep. 

Halloween: Hollowed Out Pumpkins with Candles




Do you get into Halloween or is it something you prefer to pass over?

Before I forget (again), check out these fine FlyBabies and their own Holiday Planning:
DianeDenmark
A Mothers Ramblings
Typical Ramblings, Atypical Nonsense

No comments:

Post a Comment