Sunday, March 29, 2009

Day 1

Today's Babystep: Go shine your sink.

Yeah - did that! My kitchen is small. If I don't stay on top of the dirty dishes, then I literally have no room to move. In order to keep my sink shiny, I need to empty my dishwasher on a daily basis. I try to do this every morning while I'm waiting for the water for my tea to heat. Sometimes I can finish before the water comes to a boil! It becomes my own little race - which will happen first - boiling water or the last dish put away? (It sounds more exciting when I'm still half asleep as I usually am first thing in the morning!) I am beginning to find that if I don't empty the dishwasher in the morning, it throws the rest of my day off. Maybe it is becoming a HABIT!

This has been easy to do this last week as I was on Spring Break. But tomorrow, it is back to work. The question becomes: Will I be able to maintain my lovely, shiny sink after spending an entire day chasing 18 children?

Tomorrow's dinner menu: Leftovers (got lots of 'em - they need to go so I can make room for groceries).

No comments:

Post a Comment